Aren’t you excited? Summer will soon be here!
It is getting warmer and the sun is making us feel hot but…
We are all eager to go on vacation and enjoy the many fun things this Season brings.
Soon we will travel, play for long hours outside, go to the beach or the swimming pool or just relax under the shade of a gorgeous tree.
We can get ready and start enjoying from now on with fun activities and interesting readings. Let’s make this time of the year special!
Here are 13 activities for spending the Summer creating precious memories with your little ones.
1. Cuddling up with your child and reading books together under a tree. Enjoy Summer with our Picture Book Bundles for this Season in English and Spanish.
2. Make a kite and enjoy flying it with your children. Follow the step by step instructions in this video by Lets Family Spain.
4. Take children on a nature walk and help them collect summer flowers, sticks and leaves to then use them in art and crafts projects.
5. Use hula hoops and invite children to engage in different games.
Check out the following video for activities to make hula hooping fun!!!
6. Encourage children to look for bugs in the backyard or in the nearest park. Take with you a magnifying glass and a bucket so children can place the bugs found. They can then release them before going inside.
7. Have fun with a special art and crafts project. With a few simple steps, kids will be on their way to a super fun learning activity that can be done without water!
Make a fishing game with magnets, sticks, rings, cotton, floss, wiggly eyes and different colors of felt. When the pieces are ready “Go Fishing” and have fun.
8. If you can’t hit the open road for your annual getaway trip, the next best option is to simply open your back door and go camping.
Grab your best camping tent from the garage and pop it open, or get crafty and create a teepee for the kids.
Have kids play some outdoor games, go on a scavenger hunt and prepare some s’mores together.
9. Make paper planes or paper boats with your kids. Make it a unique activity that will provide children with hours of fun, both in the actual making and in their imaginary journeys.
10. Sit back and watch children put all theIr ideas and thoughts on paper using watercolors.
11. After reading “Recipes for a healthy snack”/”Recetas graciosas y saludables” prepare an easy and healthy snack. Pack it in a basket and go on a picnic.
12. Enjoy special family times playing board games with kids.
Remember they provide big benefits. In addition to teaching them about teamwork, patience, and how to win and lose gracefully, board games can actually benefit kids’ brains and language development.
13. Go on a bicycle ride with kids.
Cycling together as a family around the neighborhood is a fantastic and healthy way to do something where everyone is involved.